lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-16-2010, 08:12 AM
The Undefeated

Unable to load new UI

I've read a few of the post about people having problems with there UI loading and I think I know the problem but I can't seem to get the correct web address. When I try to load my UI I get the error message "Unable to resolve..." "Failed to Import..." "Failed to Import..." I think its because I don't have the turbine plugin pack or something like that but when I go to the websites given http://content.turbine.com/sites/lot..._LuaPlugins.7z I geta bunch of ...something I can't read. The other site http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Lua-UI-scripts doesn't give me any plugin packs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. C:\Users\Home\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online is where I created the Plugin folder but that is the only folder that is in the Lord of the Rings Online folder. When I go and place the plugin folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online and type /refresh plugins or whatever the command is it tells me nothing is loaded but there are a bunch of other folders here I.E: Backup bindat browser en Forward Patches etc...
Thanks again.
Unread 10-16-2010, 10:23 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The UI skins have nothing to do with the plugin files that are needed to be downloaded from the first link you put up. Those files are only needed in order to use the plugins, which are not the same thing as the UI skins. If you are trying to use a plugin and download the necessary lotro files, try using Internet Explorer. I tested the link and it works just fine. For some reason firefox doesn't like it. lol So open this link

http://content.turbine.com/sites/lot..._LuaPlugins.7z

with internet explorer and it should work just fine. That is, if you are trying to use the plugins and not a UI skin.

~~Thay
Unread 10-16-2010, 11:42 AM
The Undefeated

Thats wierd. Thanks, firefox wouldn't open them but IE did. I have another question now though if you all don't mind. What folder do I put the Turbine plugins into?
Unread 10-16-2010, 04:16 PM
The Undefeated

Ok, I downloaded those Turbine Beta LuaPlugins and put them where I guess they are supposed to go, but I'm still getting the same error messages. Completely stumped here.
Unread 10-16-2010, 06:05 PM
The Undying

Make a folder in your lotro documents folder named plugins....in that folder is where you will put the turbine folders and the folders that you got from the plugin you are trying to use. Once you have that set up and it is still giving you the same error message, then it might be the actual plugin itself that you are trying to use. Hope this helps.

~~Thay
Unread 10-17-2010, 01:10 AM
The Wary

PLugins issues

I have downloaded buffbars and have done the step by step tutorial on this plugin is there idea why when i type /plugin load buffbars or pengorasplugins since that is what the file is named i get a responce unable too load buffbars or unknown command. I have installed the beta version of ui given in this post the 7z file and extracted it into the plugin file alonf with the file given by pengoras. Any help qould be appreciated ty
Unread 10-17-2010, 01:34 AM
The Undying

I am really sorry to ask this - but are you in the US or the EU?
Unread 10-17-2010, 01:55 AM
The Undying

Oh, holy crap! I completely forgot about the EU F2P not being out yet.

I hope this isn't the reason you can't get the plugins to work. Speaking of which, has Codemasters given you guys a date yet?
Unread 10-17-2010, 07:28 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Speaking of which, has Codemasters given you guys a date yet?
Yes! It's called "Soon™" and it can mean any time between few weeks to infinite :P .. depending if Turbine doesn't take over the whole thing ...
Unread 10-17-2010, 11:08 AM
The Undefeated

I'm in the US and I don't think its the plugins as it is almost ALWAYS something I'm doing wrong. I'd like to give you a diagram of how everything is set up that way you can make your judgement.

C:\Users\Home\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online ---> In the LOTRO folder i have lotro.keymap file, a Script file, and a UserPreferences file. I made a folder named Plugins for that folder as well so its now C:\Users\Home\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins. From there I put the Beta_LuaPlugins foder in as well as Betsiel which is the plugin I'm trying to get to work for its filterbag which seems to work fine for everyone else. In the Beta_LuaPlugins folder there is another folder named Plugins as well and in that folder is a Turbine and TurbinePlugins folder. C:\Users\Home\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Beta_LuaPlugins\Plugins I don't know if the computer is getting confused at all the folders named Plugins...I know I sure am.