lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 07-20-2009, 06:13 AM
The Undefeated

Elven themed UI

Hallo hallo!

There are many, many UIs on this site which are gorgeous, but the majority seems to lean towards a Man/Dwarf direction (except Delving Hills, hehe). I have tried out most UIs that that even remotely looks like they're inspired by the Fair Folk, but after a while, they just don't do it for me anymore.

So, a friend of mine (kin leader actually) just told me to make one myself: Now, if I had skills, at all, in photoshop, I'd be happy to. But I can't even draw a straight line in that...

So I am asking for help! I've got some basic ideas that I'd like in it, but otherwise it's a very free assignment.

---------------
1) I understand that many people associate Elves with vines, trees and flowers: that's fine, but I would like a little more... Tolkienish approach, if you understand my meaning. The buildings in the movies, their design (Caras Galadhon, the Grey Havens, Rivendell) and overall architecture of the Elves there is really, really nice. Hint hint, wink wink.

2) I thought about it for a while and I liked the idea of a very artistic UI. Let me know if it sounds bad/horrible even, but I liked the idea of having two statues (mid-torso and up) on the sides of the UI, preferably in the theme of that statue that holds the Shards of Narsil, though one male and one female.

(Yeah I know, I pull a lot from the movies )

3) Does NOT have to be a full UI compilation, the basic acton bar, map circle thingie majigg and the character portrait are enough.

-----------------------
If you feel up for this, let me know! Oh and of course, PM for anything =)
Frodo: Because if that's the case, I'd rather have a Map Home.