lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
The Indomitable

In-game recipe checklist per character

I understand that the API won't currently allow you to export your recipes but what about an in-game checklist? Using the recipe lists from Lorebook or Missy's checklist (http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...dated-V3-B1%29) allow each character to select their vocation then just check off the recipes they have. Allow characters on the server to view/search for recipes either to have something crafted or if a recipe is already known by another character.
Unread 11-17-2010, 10:48 PM
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I 2nd this.. if someone could put together a plugin similar to this, I am willing to convert the those lists into the CVS files, XML, etc so that the list can be easily updated without having to update the plugin it's self. All it would need to do is look at the file with all the data, and then display it in game, with checkboxes next to each one. I'm a programer, but not a Lua programer. Not interested in trying to learn it if i dont have to as I have alot on my plate right now, but converting the database info is relitivly easy for me to do.
Unread 11-18-2010, 03:58 AM
The Undying

Red face

Quite possible if someone would convert all the recipe lists. They should be in Lua script format though for the plugin to read. Something like:

Code:
return
{
	["Cooking"] =
	{
		["Tier1"] =
		{
			["Recipe1"] =
			{
				["Name"] = "Recipe name",
				["SingleUse"] = false
			},
			["Recipe2"] =
			{
				["Name"] = "Recipe name 2",
				["SingleUse"] = true
			}
		}
	}
}
Depending of course what suits the end purpose and how elaborate you need/want to be.

-Chiran
Unread 11-18-2010, 04:35 AM
The Unscathed

well, I could convert it to something like that, just need someone to go over all the details and work out the layout, and I could convert the data. If anyone wants to take on this project, lets talk and we can go over what format you need everything in.
Unread 11-18-2010, 09:47 AM
The Indomitable

Maybe we could save off Missy's checklist (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ag5kxd8jRWlvdGswOC1wakpGaGliUnc3ZUxIb3RYZ 2c#gid=0) as CSV or text then just parse it out with a simple script (Perl, etc) into whatever format is needed?
Unread 11-18-2010, 01:33 PM
The Unscathed

yup, 2 steps ahead of ya ... I allready did that part of it exporting it to CVS, and working on a script that will auto-parse the data, and then readd it into a correct format usable for either a script, or something similar. I'm just not fimilar with LUA at all, so I'm really unsure on the format it would need to be in to be most usable.

Taking the example that Chiran posted earlier in this post, I can easily convert it to that format. BUT, is that truly the code structure and usability for LUA to use? Chiran, not dounting you at all I just dont know how good you are at coding or anything, and I want to sure I'm parsing this correctly before hand, so I don't have to redo it all over again later. I hope you understand.
Unread 11-18-2010, 04:03 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temil2006
Taking the example that Chiran posted earlier in this post, I can easily convert it to that format. BUT, is that truly the code structure and usability for LUA to use? Chiran, not dounting you at all I just dont know how good you are at coding or anything, and I want to sure I'm parsing this correctly before hand, so I don't have to redo it all over again later. I hope you understand.
Yes, that is essentially the data format. Of course, you can make the file more compact by removing tabs and such. Also, you may want to choose data structure and keys differently and the structure doesn't need to be as deep necessarily.

-Chiran
Unread 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM
The Indomitable

I think Chiran covered all the bases in his example. Recipe name, profession, tier, and single or unlimited use is what I have normally tracked on a checklist.
Unread 11-18-2010, 08:11 PM
The Undying

yes, that is how lua tables (complex data structures) are layed out when saved (like the user prefrences) and it would be very easy to impliment into Crafters if the data stucture were converted over to that format for me, but I am not sure how I could import it correctly since the plugindata.Load function pulls from the charicter/server/account directory, other than that one little issue it would be very easy to impliment.

will start working on it tonight and see what I can do.
Unread 11-18-2010, 09:55 PM
The Unscathed

I had a post up, and deleted it quickly as I saw an issue with the output file i created. sorry about that to anyone that downloaded it.

Anyways, here is the total converted Missys Crafting List into usable LAU format (at least i think). Let me know if there is any issues with it, or want it in any other format.

including a screenshot to show how many of each crafting type it converted over to this format, just in case you needed it at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Details SS.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	193  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Output.zip (26.9 KB, 801 views)