lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Book 10 UI Issues and Questions

On the player and target morale/power bars, the bars themselves seem to be aligning 1 or 2 pixels off (left to right) I noticed this moreso while working on and testing my custom ui's. (will edit and provide images soon) I tried using the default images and the same thing happens.

Again, on those same barsets, the level numbers seem to be offset by a couple pixels to the left.

Also, a question;

On the fellowship morale/power bars, (group bars) which image(s) are being used for the CLASS icons? Jst one example can help me track down which set to use. There are very tiny ones in the package, but none larger.

*woof*
Unread 08-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Tools and UI Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWolf
On the fellowship morale/power bars, (group bars) which image(s) are being used for the CLASS icons? Jst one example can help me track down which set to use. There are very tiny ones in the package, but none larger.
If the large icons for the classes are not in the package, then they aren't currently skinnable. I'd need to do some research but I suspect they fall into the "skill icon" category of "we don't have the tech to specify them for replacement yet."

-P
Unread 08-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks Frosty!

I also noted the "low res cover" images for the morale/power bars is set to centered on the player vitals, but on any targets its also moved to the left like the level numbers. Again, screenshot to follow.

I know a pixel or two is nit-picking, but it is noticeable. Feel free to use my trademarked "Pixelfix (tm)"
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Tools and UI Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWolf
On the player and target morale/power bars, the bars themselves seem to be aligning 1 or 2 pixels off (left to right) I noticed this moreso while working on and testing my custom ui's. (will edit and provide images soon) I tried using the default images and the same thing happens.
I noticed this myself last night. The bars have always been mis-aligned. However, usually they are under a background that makes it looks like the bars are nice rounded rectangles. I'm investigating whether this is an art issue, a UI issue, or a UI Scaling issue.

-P
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Tools and UI Engineer

turns out this was broken during the ui scaling work, but it was unnoticed. it's fixed now, not sure when it will be patched.

-P
Unread 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I havent seen much rumpus from the rest of the authors, but for me Ive been tearing the new ui assets apart (releasing one of my updates today) and little things like that show up. Theres actually a few of them and I hope posting some screenies will help you guys track these things down.

Thanks for the response Frosty!

BTW; the pending fix heads up is most appreciated!
Unread 08-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hey Frosty! (Mirrored on lotro main forums too btw)

Heres the screenshot and explanation(s) follow. Hope these help you guys out...

1) The morale and power bars are not centered. Looks like a simple 1-2 pixel x value, move to the left please. This appears to be on both player and all target vital displays.

2) The level numbers also appear to be a pixel or two off to the left. Again, this shows up on both types of vital displays.

3) The "eye" overlays on signature/elite mobs is off 1 or 2 pixels to the left.
Youll also note that above that example (Half Orc Brute) the low res icon is also off to the left by 1 or 2 pixels. The "flaming" ring, the icon and the eye all seem to have the same problem. Youll see too that under "Mycah" the low res icon is positioned properly. These wierd displacements also show with the default graphics. Since we cannot move the morale/power bars, we really cant "clean" these up on our end.

Hope this helps you guys!