lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

any other torque or unreal programmers play lotro?

okay so im bored

anyone else here develop with a game engine? if so, why did you choose the engine ? has lotro influenced your project?

I currently develop with torque2d torque3d and started with unreal on the new free engine license.

in torque 2d i am making a 2d isometric rpg, which lotro and of coarse and all my favorite standalone rpgs have a reign over what i want to add.

i picked torque about 4 years ago , for the most part for its rapid prototyping. allowing access to the source to the engine you can add alot of features. and its cheap .. soo ya thats why i picked it for my side projects ha.

if anyone has used unity , what do you think of the engine. i have been looking it over for a while now looks decent from the outside.
Unread 10-17-2011, 07:07 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
I've pretty much stuck to asset creation for most of the games I've modded. That being said, I fail to see much of a comparison between engine modding and simple plugin scripting - not only due to the differences in their respective languages, but also due to the vast differences in flexibility and power.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 10-17-2011, 02:30 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
I've pretty much stuck to asset creation for most of the games I've modded. That being said, I fail to see much of a comparison between engine modding and simple plugin scripting - not only due to the differences in their respective languages, but also due to the vast differences in flexibility and power.

hmm no i mean from a development background. plugins and mods are totally different. this is sorta meant as an off topic post, since lotro forums are down, and i was bored lvling i was just curious.

i was just wondering if any other developers in the lotro community were developing casual or hobby games on their own etc.

the code for using an already made engine is mostly done in script. different variations of a c syntax. ie unreal script , torque script etc.
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:11 PM
The Unscathed

I'm an occaisional writer and artist, so I am tinkering around with making a "dating sim" using the Ren'py program. It's sorta like the RPGmaker, but its for making visual novels specifically.
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:41 PM
The Undying

I have played around with the Unreal Engine a little bit. Nothing particularly serious though.
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:16 PM
The Undefeated

i think it would be pretty cool if turbine would have a contest for a piece of armor or set of armor submitted by users to add to the game . there are alot of great artists playing mmo's and some of the concept / renditions are alot better then whats available imo any way

ahh i remember rpgmaker , fun stuff making pixel art for it , yeah nothing serious on me for unreal.. the cut they take from a released product is insane. but i guess it could work for a prototype to pitch an idea though.

torque game engine scripting is pretty nice and alot of documents on it. i have done some ai in the script to test the speed, it does slow down. but depending on the type of game and functions you use it still is pretty fast.

if you know penny arcade for 360 that was made with torque so thats pretty cool to have one actually on the shelf made with it.

i think the first skin and model edits i did was way back with tom clancey's rogue spear fun stuff .

WoW
85 every class alliance , addon author and power leveling guide author (yes, i know way to much time on my hands ... but but i started when vanilla hit retail if that makes it any better ha )

AoC
65 bear shaman-wiccana (lvling guide contributor)

RL
Web and Desktop application dev and dad now
Unread 10-18-2011, 01:46 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallhype820
there are alot of great artists playing mmo's and some of the concept / renditions are alot better then whats available imo any way
sorta OT but some can be found here http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...lin-Art-Thread (now that the forums are up again )