lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
The Indomitable

Question Plugin Cleaning house

So Ok title sounds vague but I will try and give it in a nutshell...
Since the November update and the breaking of alot of the plugins. I have tried to keep ahead in making sure everything has worked. Well Not so much any more and I feel its time to completely wipe all the plugins and reinstall all the plugins here at my computer. But Before I do that I would like to know which of the following Folders would be needing to be wiped. Well I have one folder that is a unsure but the rest I know...
Location C:~/The Lord of the Rings
PluginData (Unsure)
PluginManager (Yes will delete)
Plugins (Yes will delete)

Now I have DL'd all the up to date plugins that I use and including the Beta_LuaPlugins.7z and the Beta_LuaDocumentation.7z. But Do I need to install the LuaDocumentation file?? as Memory serves that is just for Programming plugins???

Please advise.....
"Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they travelled through the computer. Ships, motorcycles. With the circuits like freeways. I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... i got in. "
Unread 01-05-2011, 10:20 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
You don't need the documentation unless you're going to be making your own. So really the only folder I'd suggest keeping is the Turbine folder from the example plugins - as some author's plugins require that folder. The TurbinePlugins folder is not necessary, unless you want to use them.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:57 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
You don't need the documentation unless you're going to be making your own. So really the only folder I'd suggest keeping is the Turbine folder from the example plugins - as some author's plugins require that folder. The TurbinePlugins folder is not necessary, unless you want to use them.
But do not some of the Authors require use of the TurbinePlugins folder?
And what about deleting the current PluginData Folder?? Train of thought w/ this is that this folder just keeps settings of Plugins that I use??

I am going to do a BU of the folders incase of something going amiss w/ re-installation.
"Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they travelled through the computer. Ships, motorcycles. With the circuits like freeways. I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... i got in. "
Unread 01-07-2011, 03:40 AM
The Indomitable

Ya keep your plugindata folder. Its just your saved info for any plugins you may use that have that feature.
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:01 AM
The Indomitable

Lightbulb Complete and Idea

Just a note of Thanks to both Digital and Gramps for responding. All is well, Several bugs that I was experiencing have disappeared but think it was an installation error on my part to begin w/.
I do have a minor thing to report and this is in regards to Lotro_mod manager_1.0. Not all the plugins are compatible. Knowing all about compatible protocols ( TCP/IP , OSI ) in Networking and application installs. I know that making a standard might be tough to enforce as everyone is going to install things differently. But what could be done?? Maybe when a plugin is listed they (Author) must list whether or not it is Lotro_Mod_ Manager compatible??