lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-24-2010, 07:59 PM
The Undefeated

BuffBars help...

I just downloaded and installed BuffBars. When I do /plugins refresh it shows buff bars but when I do plugins load BuffBars I get a string of errors:

...Online\Plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBars\Setting s.lua:1: Unable to resolve package "Turbine.Utils".

..Online\Plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBars/__init__.lua:1: Failed to import package "PengorosPlugins.BuffBars.Settings".

Online\Plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBars\Main.lua:3 : Failed to import package "PengorosPlugins.BuffBars".

Is this plugin just in need of an update or am I doing something wrong?
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:51 PM
The Indomitable

Send a message via Skype™ to Kaisoul
do you have the files from turbine needed for most of the plugins to function.
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:24 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloblanco
I just downloaded and installed BuffBars. When I do /plugins refresh it shows buff bars but when I do plugins load BuffBars I get a string of errors:

...Online\Plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBars\Setting s.lua:1: Unable to resolve package "Turbine.Utils".

..Online\Plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBars/__init__.lua:1: Failed to import package "PengorosPlugins.BuffBars.Settings".

Online\Plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBars\Main.lua:3 : Failed to import package "PengorosPlugins.BuffBars".

Is this plugin just in need of an update or am I doing something wrong?
At this point (until Pengoros releases an update anyway) you need the Turbine example plugins for Buffbars, as well as many other plugins. This is available on the official forums: here

What you specifically need from that file is the "Turbine" folder (You can keep the TurbinePlugins folder if you would like - but it isn't necessary)

The problem boils down to a particular script in that folder being used by plugin authors, because we didn't know at the time that we could simply copy that script, include it with the plugin, and expect it to work.

Now that it's been determined that it can work this way - expect this problem to go away as authors update their plugins with that in mind. I know Horsey by rushl23 has already updated his to do so, I know Pengoros will be releasing an update with this in mind, and my next update of Palantir will also be independent of this folder.

At any rate, that's what that error message means: That particular plugin requires the Turbine folder from the example plugins to work.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:21 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
The problem boils down to a particular script in that folder being used by plugin authors, because we didn't know at the time that we could simply copy that script, include it with the plugin, and expect it to work.
Is this being promoted by Turbine? I personally prefer it as an external library used by all plugins - this way it reduces memory footprint.
Unread 09-25-2010, 04:58 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
Is this being promoted by Turbine? I personally prefer it as an external library used by all plugins - this way it reduces memory footprint.
Turbine hasn't said anything about that folder - at all. Anything they've said about the plugins in general has amounted to recommending them for people new to LotRO plugins as an example - and nothing more. So ultimately however its treated is up to the individual authors themselves.

The script in question, class.lua is a 1.5kb file, with a grand total of 35 lines of code, not counting comments or whitespace. I doubt even if someone had 50 plugins running - all from different authors that the memory footprint would be large enough to matter; especially when compared to the memory footprint of those 50 plugins themselves.

That being said, I have problems acknowledging that folder as a library. Beyond the class definition, very little in that folder is of any use to anybody - and the fact that it isn't automatically included, tells me that it's designed as more of a utility package for the example plugins, and of course, serves as additional examples.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM
The Undefeated

O.K. Weird when I go to download the Turbine files from the link I click on 'download here" and instead of a folder I get a page of crazy looking symbols. This makes my head hurt lol.
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
The Undying

I think they decided to use 7Zip to pack it... Great bit of free software!
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
The Undefeated

Ya I have 7zip but when I click on their link it just opens a page full of weird symbols and such no file or anything. Idk maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Unread 09-26-2010, 02:27 AM
The Undying

Are you using IE?
Unread 09-26-2010, 08:05 AM
The Undefeated

No I use FireFox.