lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > Site Forums > Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions

Unread 04-06-2017, 06:24 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Download count suggestion

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way that you could track not only the total number of downloads for a mod, but the number of downloads for each update/version. I've started tracking this for my own plugins to get a better idea of how many people have downloaded the current version which helps me know how many people are actually interested in the plugin (so I can prioritize development time). Plugins with many updates (like AltInventory or MoorMap) have bloated totals since many people download many versions over time so the total doesn't reflect the actual current interest in that plugin.

Obviously, the stats would be n/a for existing mods if the number of downloads isn't currently stored per version but it would help for future mods once implemented. Just a suggestion that I thought others might benefit from if you are able to implement it.

Garan
Unread 04-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Lord Dolby of Veeshan
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Thanks for the suggestion. I just implemented a rolling monthly download count on other sites and can work to add it here too.

I am working on a change in our database so we can track each upload individually and once that is done it would be easy to track downloads per upload. Right now when files are uploaded the information is just updated in the project table. I want to move to having a record for every uploaded file so stats can be tracked per file upload.
Unread 04-07-2017, 05:19 PM
The Undying

Thanks. That's exactly what I had in mind. I hope others find the info useful too.