lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 12-12-2011, 08:08 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stever1388
The best way I can see around this problem is that when a quickslot's shortcut returns an error, the quickslot is flagged, possibly changing the way the quickslot looks to the user (that way they know something should go there but they are currently out of it). Then when whenever a ItemAdded event is fired, go through all the quickslots that are flagged and see if any are updated. That way when loading through the LOTRO Plugin Manager, the quickslots will initially be empty but as the backpack is loaded in the slots should be fixed. This would also have the added benefit that whenever you run out of health pots you don't have to worry about getting more before you reload the plugin.
Seems about right.
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
The Wary

If it can help, the bug i have with TonicBars when loading by the new manager is the same when i tried to put an alias on a quickslot to load it.

Now, 2 more years to see the possibility to choose the skin before connecting a toon.
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshakaar
If it can help, the bug i have with TonicBars when loading by the new manager is the same when i tried to put an alias on a quickslot to load it.

Now, 2 more years to see the possibility to choose the skin before connecting a toon.
This problem was discussed in this thread already, and a work a round has been found. TonicBars might be a bit more difficult to fix though. It's possible that might help with loading TonicBars using the LOTRO Plugin Manager.
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:16 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Kalex
I'm having issues with random quickslots on TonicBars disappearing when porting with update 5.
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:31 PM
The Undying

Just a note here... besides the issues with the quickslot bars already discussed, most, if not all of the other plugins seem to be working correctly when loaded with the Turbine Plugin Manager. I currently have 64 plugins downloaded and was testing as many as I could today, and with the exception of those that were already having issues, all of them loaded just fine. I'll keep testing and let you know if there are any other issues but so far so good.

One more note... both Bootstap and Manager work correctly when loaded with the Turbine Manager. If a plugin DOES have issues (like the Travel plugin), try loading it through the autoload of one of these managers loaded from the Turbine Manger. I've tried a few plugins in this manner and it works like a charm.

Last edited by Adder : 12-12-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
The Undying

Right, Update 5 made two of my plugins broken and one semi redundant, I'm going to be busy
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:02 AM
The Indomitable

tonic bars doesn't load properly either. Any extension bars are off in the upper left corner. They reset themselves if you go to add another extension bar, but they do this everytime you log on.

Haven't tried loading the regular way yet.
Unread 12-13-2011, 01:07 AM
The Undying

I tried inserting a time delay before the main body of the plugin runs, but now a bug occurs where the plugins load function fires an error as though it is trying to be run twice.

Annoying.
Unread 12-13-2011, 01:17 AM
The Undying

An (apparent) work-around

I've configured the Turbine Plugin Manager to load Shady's (Cearbhall's) PluginManager, use this to load all your other Plugins.

However, this does NOT fix the problem with TonicBars...

In addition to the Extension Bars being all loaded in the upper left, all Inventory Bars are also "stacked" in the upper left corner.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 12-13-2011, 01:53 AM
The Undying

Yes, I tried using Turbines manager to load Bevy/SortPack and still had problems. *sigh*

EDIT: I have thought about making a wrapper to load bevy when the main game has finished loading - perhaps just a button for the user to click once they are in-game. Would that be an acceptable work-around?