lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 07-03-2007, 12:39 AM
The Wary

Newb question - how to get rid of that big bar on bottom

I really don't mind the LOTRO default UI as long as I have the ability to drag my target boxes and my button bars around. But the one thing I can't move is that big old beast along the bottom middle (contains the option buttons, XP bar along the bottom, and ending with the bag buttons on the right).

I would be happy if I could just get rid of it altogether and just use my dragable bars and hot key my bags and other menus open. Any thoughts on how to turn that off? Or suggestions for a mod that can get rid of the beast?

-Bishop
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:58 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You should take a stroll through the Action Bars section of the downloads area. There's a few of minimalistic bar skins there.
Unread 07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Getting rid of it completely ... now there's a thought. Couldn't we just take the parent window, size it to 1x1 and make it transparent?!
Unread 07-03-2007, 04:48 PM
The Undying

Yes...yes you could...with the exception of the combat indicator (which will give you a floating ring of fire animation when you enter combat lol) and the main bar, which would be best to just shove in a corner...

Although...if everyone did that, we'd have nothing to do here!
Unread 07-04-2007, 01:24 AM
The Undying

Are you sure u cannot hide the combat indicator?

I made it smaller and moved it away, and thus it should be possible to hide it (atleast put out of sight).
Unread 07-04-2007, 01:48 AM
The Undying

As far as I know, we don't have control of the combat ring animation...ju8st like we don't have control of the fervour/focus pip displays.

I tried it last week by reducing the images by 50% as well as reducing the xml code for the sizes but the ring of fire that shows "in combat" stayed its original size...
Unread 07-04-2007, 03:30 AM
The Undying

That was strange. I set the size of "ring of fire" to about a quarter of the original size and the image actualy reduces in size (clipped).

The image/animaton itself doesn't seem to be exchangeable at the moment (as you said).
Unread 12-09-2007, 03:43 PM
The Wary

So there's NO way to remove the Options/quest log etc and Bag icon bars from an already existing UI mod?

I use rhe Celtic UI and it's great BUT I'd really like the space those 2 bars take up for other things.

Anyone know if it could be possible and fancy a crack at it?
Unread 12-09-2007, 06:18 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

There are a bunch of uis on the site that have removed the options/bag buttons from existence. Most of them just hide the buttons but you can drag hotbars on top of where they would be and they won't interfere (except hotbar 3 which has issues of falling below the mainbar frame) but some of the uis with more robust graphic changes remove or shrink them into the design (the current top 5 most recent uis all remove or integrate these buttons - Diamon and ArenUI are among my favorites).

If you want to continue using your current ui, you'll just need to ask the author if he can make a variation that would remove those buttons.
Unread 12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
The Undying

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop7042
I really don't mind the LOTRO default UI as long as I have the ability to drag my target boxes and my button bars around. But the one thing I can't move is that big old beast along the bottom middle (contains the option buttons, XP bar along the bottom, and ending with the bag buttons on the right).

I would be happy if I could just get rid of it altogether and just use my dragable bars and hot key my bags and other menus open. Any thoughts on how to turn that off? Or suggestions for a mod that can get rid of the beast?

-Bishop
Hello there,

You can do all of that and even more like moving or hiding the autoattack button with my Yessh UI and the Yessh+ Mod.

Maybe you'd like to have a look at my skinless vital mod for a bare minimum UI layout.

All details and explanations are in the Yessh+ mod