lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 07-01-2007, 11:30 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Post Additional hotbars

Are we able to skin/adjust the additional hot bars yet? For instance, in Trottimus's mini-bar UI, it would be super to split another hot bar in half and place it over the main bar (although it would have to have a slightly larger gap to accommodate the frenzy/focus arc.
Unread 07-01-2007, 11:39 AM
The Undying

Well what i'm working on at the moment is another layer above the main bar. Just simply adding another row of squares to the current bottom bar.
I think though that's as much as I can do, because of the restrictions in size.

Unless I can use the xml to increase the size, not sure. Oh mighty coders, help us solve this puzzle.
Unread 07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottimus
Well what i'm working on at the moment is another layer above the main bar. Just simply adding another row of squares to the current bottom bar.
I think though that's as much as I can do, because of the restrictions in size.

Unless I can use the xml to increase the size, not sure. Oh mighty coders, help us solve this puzzle.
I have not played with this yet. You can change the size of the hotbar that is imbedded in the Toolbar, but I am not sure how that affects the number of slots available in the hotbar. I have a feeling that you cannot change the number of slots in a hotbar yet.

I am gonna go test this out and will let you know.

Here is what my tests showed:

I increased the size of the Toolbar_Quickslot element, and as I suspected, no more slots were added, it did not even space out the slots.

Then, I doubled the height of the element, and cut the width in half. This reduced the slots I had, as the slots did not move around.

So, it looks like no changing the size of the quickslots.

Last edited by D.H1cks : 07-01-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Test complete
Unread 07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
The Undying

It'd be interesting if the hotbar added more slots, but I do have my doubts about that.

But anyway, thanks for clearing up that question D.H1cks, if I can indeed increase the size of the hotbar, it means I can add more rows of backgrounds to the main bar, and therefore make it appears as if the extra quick slots are skinned if positioned correctly above the main bar!

Thanks!
Unread 07-01-2007, 12:01 PM
The Undying

Ya, the only way to do it is to move the other quickslots where you want them. Though I find it hard to get them exactly where I want them.

The nice thing is that they are transparent when there is no item in a slot. So if you don't mind wasting half of a bar, only put stuff in half of it.
Unread 07-01-2007, 12:16 PM
The Undying

Yea, I was fortunate with the transparency thing. That's what you're going to have to do for my mini-ui anyway, miss out boxes 6 and 7, otherwise that'll go over the auto attack button.

I have a suggestion though, because if you miss out 6 and 7, it may mess up your usual routine for combat. You may want to try re-binding the keys so that 8 become 6, 9 becomes 7 and so on, so that essentially it's the same hot bar just with the missing - and + keys.
Might have to add that little suggestion to my download info.

Anyway, thanks for giving the hotbar coding a test D.H1cks, much appreciated.

Trottimus
Unread 07-01-2007, 12:22 PM
The Undying

Changing the size of the main hotbar in the xml only changes the scale of the image, unfortunately. It doesn't add buttons.

I can see where the issue would arise, and that comes in the keymapping area. With variable slots for the hotbars, the keymapping panel would have to be far more flexible, perhaps just listing "button 1" through "button x" and have that go in order from mainbar to bar 1 to bar 2, etc. It would have to dynamically know how many buttons each bar contains and adjust accordingly.

An example of that functionality can be seen in something like Bongos for WoW (my personal favorite for WoW mods).

And yes...it's sometimes hard to line up buttons...but I take however long it takes, usually, to get mine right. hehe I just usually put a skill on each end of every bar that I have in the bar group and eyeball it from there.
Unread 07-01-2007, 12:30 PM
The Undefeated

According to this topic on the LotRO forums, UI scaling is coming with Book 10!

I can't imagine they'd not add hotbars and such with that...
Doesn't say anything about being able to break the quickslots up, though.
Unread 07-01-2007, 12:43 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

until we either get more hot bars or they allow us to break up the bars so we don't lose slots using a ui like this, i just can't give up the space. my hot bar slots are already nearly full and this doesn't even factor in wanting to hotbar certain items that either have a clicky effect or that i swap out regularly in combat.

In time hopefully we get more options here. Until then, I'll just dub your standard Elaborate bar the official UI of Scarlet Underground, Trot!
Unread 07-01-2007, 12:47 PM
The Undying

Hehe, awesome Aalwein! I feel like i've accomplished something

I presume that's your kinship? Want a custom "Scarlet Underground" title on the bar?

I'd be happy to of course.