Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > Site Forums > News

Unread 09-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

New Forum and Download Categories

Since today is the launch of the Head Start of The Lord of the Rings Online™ Volume III: Allies of The King, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company (which includes Lua scripting! Yay!), and the new LOTRO Free-to-Play option it means we can finally open up the new forum and download categories for your use.

The new forum is under the Developer Discussions section of the forums, entitled Lua Programming Help. We have added download categories for Bags, Bank & Inventory, each of the Individual Classes, Crafting, Creep Play, Maps, coordinates & compasses and RolePlay & Music. We are more than happy to add other download categories as necessary, we just felt that those would be a good start along with the previously existing categories.

We are really really excited to see Lua scripting going live and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

[Edit] After feedback from you guys, we've created another new download category under the Stand-Alone section which contains all of the previously existing stand-alone Graphical Modifications (Skins). ~Cairenn

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-08-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Unread 09-08-2010, 06:04 AM
The Undying

yay. good job Cairenn
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:36 AM
The Unscathed

Well done, the first script is already posted. But I have one small remark. It's not very clear in the forum or the download section that the stuff posted there also includes Lua scripts. For regulars over here that won't be a problem, but these scripts will attract a lot of new visitors.
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Errr, it says "Scripts" right in the description for a number of the download categories. I'm certainly open to suggestions on how I could better word it to make it more clear, though.

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-08-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:13 AM
The Undying

What Elentir means is that now Plugins and Skins are mixed in the same section basically. It might get a bit confusing for the new people to find what they are looking for..

Action Bars and Main Bar is filled mainly with skins and it might be hard to find plugin scripts from there.

LotRO Plug-ins & Patchesis a bit confusing as it mostly include "skin plugins and patches" ie. panel modifications etc, not actually "plugin scripts"

Just renaming some categories might make it a bit clearer for the newbies.

Dunno if it would be a good idea to stuck all the skins mods in the same category or something .. To make it clear what are skin modifications and what are plugin scripts
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:22 AM
The Wary

Let me start out by saying that I'm really happy to see the arrival of LUA in lotro and that lotrointerface will be the place to get these wonderful new tools! That said, I just found a single download for a lot of the exisiting plug-ins floating around. What would it take to move these into Lotrointerface.com?

http://lotroworld.com/2010/08/08/lot...ngle-download/

It includes the following plug-ins:
AscusBar – An alternate take on the CombatQuickslots.
BuffBars – An advanced buff/debuff effect interface.
calculator – A basic calculator for in-game use.
calendar – An in-game calendar with abilities to create and save events for each date.
cpm – Custom Plug-in Manager, to help organise your plug-ins.
CombatQuickslots – Adds a new quickslot bar that appears during combat.
CreepsMaps – A bag-sized window that is automatically filled with existing maps in your bags. [For Monster Players]
DragBar Class – This is a utility class that adds dragging and ui hiding functionality similar to in game ui elements.
Examples – A script that shows off many of the framework API abilities.
FX – This addon is an attempt to create a better buff/debuff monitor while not overly cluttering the screen.
Lotropad – A simple notepad which you can use to quickly write some notes or memos without having to exit the game.
LuaExp – This is a tool to evaluate Lua expressions on the command line and display the value. It can also execute a block of Lua text on the fly.
manager – A scrollable, sortable list of plugins that loads other plugins that you enabled with it.
MountSelector – A new window that contains shortcuts to most mounts that are available so you no longer need them in your quickslots.
mousefinder – This plugin is for those people that have trouble finding their mouse sometimes.
NoobDetector - If you die twice in 5 minutes, the plugins will display a “noob” message just above the retreat dialog.
PagedSlots - This is a plugin that adds another quickslot bar that is similar to how the quickslot bar in DDO works. It is only 6 slots long, but has 4 pages, for a total of 24 quickslots.
palantir - aka LotRO HUD, an inspiring alternate vitals display.
PetBar - A plug-in that holds skill shortcuts for all your LM pets.
PetCarousel - A plug-in that holds skill shortcuts for all your LM pets.
PredictInGameTime - This is a tool for people (especially role-players) to be able to schedule an event/party that relies on the time-of-day in-game.
PopUps - This plugin creates 5 quickslot buttons in the bottom right hand corner. Right clicking on these buttons opens a bar of five more buttons.
RatingConversion - Aims to give the user a reasonable estimate to how many percentage points will be gained from a given rating.
ScriptTools - This plug-in will add commands for general script testing, including a script editor window to execute code inside the game on the fly.
shady.clock – A simple clock.
shortcuts - A utility plugin for developers to determine hex codes for skills, presented in a page-by-page browser.
StanceBar - Stance-based context-sensitive quickslot bar which should work with any character class.
TheOneBag - Combines all 5 bags into one UI.. Turbine Example.
TheOneBag2 - Combines all 5 bags into one UI. With newer features.
Timer - A simple plugin – provides a timer feature in the game.
TonicBar - The concept is a Bar (quickbar) manager. It will allow you to create Bars and manage different attributes for them.
TooltipExample - This is just an example for scriptors on how to make a tooltip. This is entirely bare-bones and is only meant as an example for others to use.
Travel - A handy window displaying hunter/warden travel skills so you no longer need to fill your quickslots with them.
Vitals - Replaces your avatar’s vitals with a custom UI.
WardenEase - Always forgetting what the combination is for your favorite gambit? Not any more! WardenEase provides a new gambit UI for the forgetful Warden.
WardenTrainer - For Wardens in need of learning a particular gambit or just fancy a change in their vitals interface.
WardenTrainerLite - For Wardens in need of learning a particular gambit, without the additional vitals display.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:25 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by woal
Let me start out by saying that I'm really happy to see the arrival of LUA in lotro and that lotrointerface will be the place to get these wonderful new tools! That said, I just found a single download for a lot of the exisiting plug-ins floating around. What would it take to move these into Lotrointerface.com?

http://lotroworld.com/2010/08/08/lot...ngle-download/
I think Lotrointerface will continue to respect the authors of the skins/plugins. That means the creator of the skin/plugin should upload their creations themselves on this site.

You can't just go out there and rip all that stuff like the above link has, no disrespect but still.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM
The Indomitable
Premium Member

You need to split these off into 2 different sections. The UI and Plugins are different and as far as can bee seen so far are not designated. This will be confusing to new users and misleading.

Please, just break the LUA plugins off into its own category and leave the interface graphics section as its own.

I am still holding out hope, but yes, I am a critic and am pulling for the community. This needs to be easy for both a) The plug in authors so that community can thrive and not get frustrated, and b) needs to be easy for the end user.

Thanks for the work, all be it still running late.

Mike Norton
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Errr, it says "Scripts" right in the description for a number of the download categories. I'm certainly open to suggestions on how I could better word it to make it more clear, though.

Also.. how hard it would be separate Top Favorities/download etc (the lists on the right side on main page) between plugins and skins ? There should be a way to more easily to promote the new awesome stuff somehow as next to s impossible to got on those lists if you haven't been here for a long time.

edit: I mean now some great stuff get easily forgotten when they drop off from the updated list

Last edited by daimon : 09-08-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:39 AM
The Indomitable
Premium Member

Call me crazy, and it means work for the staff, but hey, thats what the site is here for right? Tap the sister site in the network wowinterface and use the CMS software they are using. Just skin it and make the behind the scenes system for the mods/addons work.

Just suggesting, and yes, I know its a lot of work. I am a developer :P

My new sig

Its all about the community!