lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 05-16-2008, 11:21 PM
The Undying

Need help from one with a steadier Photoshop hand

Could someone please make the small things that hang down below the level under the vitals invisible? I want the level field to be just an oval, without the "frills" as I guess you would call them. I've tried but it's hard to make sure you're doing it right, because I can't figure out how to show the actual art while manipulating the alpha channel in photoshop.
Unread 05-17-2008, 11:57 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You mean, like this?

Download here: http://cid-6775c1d2217eb000.skydrive...s_backdrop.tga
Unread 05-17-2008, 01:05 PM
The Undying

Yes! And then could you do that for all the vitals? Thank you!
Unread 05-17-2008, 08:48 PM
The Undying

Hahaha, I dont even have Photoshop.

Maybe someone with photoshop could give you a walkthough on changing alpha channels. Because I do not know the first thing about it.
Unread 05-17-2008, 09:52 PM
The Undying

Yes, I know how to change alpha channels. I just dont know how to do it while being able to see the art, so that I can know if what im erasing is what i want to erase or not.
Unread 05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
The Undying

I really dont know how to do that either, I do not use hpotoshop. So I cant help you
Unread 05-25-2008, 01:35 AM
The Unscathed

Select and copy the area that is not your art (the black background generally), and when you switch to the alpha, you can make it all white and then paste the black onto it. That will leave the white cutout in the same position as your art.

Last edited by Thanatos : 05-25-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:45 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scyphozoa
Yes, I know how to change alpha channels. I just dont know how to do it while being able to see the art, so that I can know if what im erasing is what i want to erase or not.
At "Channels" window you can turn visibility on and off of all the available channels. I'll assume you make it in RGB, so you will see 3 channels (Red, Geen and Blue) and if you have a layer selected with a Layer Mask, you will see that as a channel too. When you crceated an Alpha channel, defualt name is Alpha 1, you should see that there too. When you click the eye icon in front of that channel you will prolly notice that the visibility will be turned to the alpha channel (so somethign black and white (and anything in between). To make everything visible, you like to turn on the colour channels too by clicking the eye icons there too.

You will notice your normal colours and some red-ish in your picture. That what is black (#000000) in the Alpha channel will turn red on your picture (but semi-transparent) and everything that's white (#FFFFFF) will show normal colours. Anything in between will show as a lighter shade of the red.

It's recommended to use Layer masks as much as possible here, for creating alpha channels. When you CTRL+click (and CTRL+SHIFT+click for multiple layers) the layer mask it will select it (including any shades of grey) and when you switch to the alpha channel and fill the selection it will copy the selection of the layermask(s).

When you used a layer mask on a layer but also applied layer effects (outer glow, drop shadow, etc) you will notice that ctrl-clicking on the layer mask won't include those. To include those too in your selection, turn the layer into a Smart Object. This will rasterize the entire layer, whithout losing picture quality (aka non-destructive). You simply double click on the thumbnail and you will get a new window to edit the Smart Object. When you CTRL+Click that Smart Object layer, it will handle it as a flattened layer.

I hope this informed you enough