lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Pre-Beta Interfaces (L)

Unread 08-21-2018, 11:52 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Debuff Vitals in alpha

Hi folks,

I'm working on a plugin for tracking mobs and debuff states. It's in early alpha.

It duplicates m_vitals morale/power/targeting functionality, with the addition of tracking timers for fire-lore, frost-lore, telling mark, and revealing mark.

Please try it out, and give me any feedback?

https://github.com/grimmerthan/DebuffVitals/wiki

I just edited the wiki page to handle the google drive link ending in _. Jeez, trying to release something uncovers lots of weird stuff

Grimmerthan

(bah, maybe not the right place, if you can move it, please move it )

Last edited by Grimmerthan : 08-22-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Unread 08-22-2018, 10:35 AM
The Undying

I hate to say it, but I don't believe there's any way for a plugin to reliably know which debuffs are on a mob, because of the flakiness and bugginess of the player's target's effects list. (Off the top of my head, I recall that the EffectAdded and EffectRemoved events are all wrong, and even ignoring the events and polling the list itself doesn't give you accurate information. I'm referring to the target's effect list; the player's effect list works fine.)

I submitted a bug report years ago, but it seems like one of those things that will never be fixed. (Plugins were never "officially supported", and the current skeleton dev crew doesn't have any time to work on Lua bugs.) Good luck. I'd be very interested if you are able to find a workaround.
Unread 08-22-2018, 12:25 PM
The Indomitable

Yep, what you've described seems accurate to me.

The plugin checks the effects list for something interesting, whenever an effect event occurs. If an interesting event appears, it updates the event and timer. After that, the timer ticks down, and is removed on end.

For untimed effects like marks, it will remove the tracked effect after 5 seconds on "not seen". This is triggered on an effect event.

For single player, this means an effect may not appear for several seconds, even though it's clearly on the target. I suspect the appearance of interesting effects will be better with larger groups, simple for more events occurring thus generating more updates to the event list.
Unread 08-22-2018, 12:51 PM
The Undying

Yeah, that's probably about the best approximation of correctness that you can achieve, with what we have to work with. Not great.

Parsing chat logs might let you glean some more information that may improve the approximation. But it would be really tedious research, which may be invalidated at the whim of the devs, any time they decide to change something.

Last edited by Thurallor : 08-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Unread 08-26-2018, 10:05 PM
The Indomitable

Another update, including lots more debuffs and stored config.

Please take a look again at https://github.com/grimmerthan/DebuffVitals/wiki
Unread 02-01-2019, 08:31 PM
The Undying

Good news, Silorien says this might be fixed in Update 24!