lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 09-14-2010, 07:19 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

A Couple of Questions

Hi,
since the beta forum is down, I will now try my luck here.

How can I create a skill/buff icon with the hex code of the buff?
So far I have got the Buffsymbol only with the 10-digit number of "effects:getIcon ()".

How can I unless a condition is true, for example change a backgroundimage, color etc. every 2 seconds, without high CPU utilization?

Is it possible to change the backgroundcolor, font, style, etc. of "Turbine.UI.ContextMenu()" ?

Regards
Unread 09-14-2010, 07:48 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heta
Hi,
since the beta forum is down, I will now try my luck here.

How can I create a skill/buff icon with the hex code of the buff?
So far I have got the Buffsymbol only with the 10-digit number of "effects:getIcon ()".

How can I unless a condition is true, for example change a backgroundimage, color etc. every 2 seconds, without high CPU utilization?

Is it possible to change the backgroundcolor, font, style, etc. of "Turbine.UI.ContextMenu()" ?

Regards
1. You can use the EffectDisplay control to display an effect. This is the stock element used by the game, just create an instance and use the SetEffect member.

2. The only timing mechanism currently is to use the SetWantsUpdates / Update event combination. You can then use the Turbine.Engine.GetGameTime to determine how much time has passed and use this to perform something when (Turbine.Engine.GetGameTime() - startTime > 2 ).

3. Nope. This style is defined by the game and the background color cannot be changed. If you need a custom menu you can always create your own and skin it how you like using the base classes.
Unread 09-15-2010, 04:07 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thank You