lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 02-14-2011, 12:39 PM
The Undefeated

LUA errors with Combat Analysis

I use about 6 LUA plugins right now. Amongst these is Combat Analysis, a nice program for monitoring combat stats ranging from DPS to healing, etc. I also use Manager to manage these plugins. When I first load Manager to load these plugins, I get the following errors from CombatAnalysis:

Code:
Combat Analysis v2.0.0 by Evendale
...Plugins\CombatAnalysis\CustomUIElements\CAWindow.lua:206: attempt to call global 'PosChanged' (a nil value)
...Plugins\CombatAnalysis\CustomUIElements\CAWindow.lua:210: attempt to call global 'PosChanged' (a nil value)
...Plugins\CombatAnalysis\CustomUIElements\CAWindow.lua:210: attempt to call global 'PosChanged' (a nil value)
...gins\CombatAnalysis\CustomUIElements\CABarWindow.lua:118: attempt to get length of field 'bars' (a nil value)
...Plugins\CombatAnalysis\CustomUIElements\CAWindow.lua:27: Invaild member function call.
But if I hit the reload button, everything loads cleanly. Note that Combat Analysis appears to run correctly after the reload. I've not tried to use it without reloading.

Is the above a problem with my configuration? Or is it a problem in CA? Or are multiple plugins interacting in some odd way the first time they load to cause problems?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Unread 02-15-2011, 01:11 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hmm, very strange. I'm not really sure why you'd get those errors sorry.

- Do you get that error every time you load the manager?
- Also, are you loading the CombatAnalsysisLoader plugin? (you shouldn't be, but I wouldn't have expected it would cause any errors either)

(it would probably run fine even without reloading)

Last edited by Evendale : 02-15-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
The Undefeated

I am not loading CombatAnalsysisLoader. I tried it both ways though and get the same errors. The errors occur the first time I run the manager but not when I open the manager and then hit reload the second time.
Unread 02-16-2011, 07:02 AM
The Undefeated

Have you tried loading it without using the manager (by just typing: /plugins load combatanalysis)?

Does that produce any errors?

I think I can see why the error is occurring, so I'll make a change in the next version that should fix it.
Unread 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
The Undefeated

That produces no errors and if I run manager afterwards there are no other errors.

I am curious. What do you think is causing it?
Unread 02-20-2011, 05:58 PM
The Undefeated

Well I have no idea why the manager is causing that to happen for you.

It seems like some of the errors are occuring because the frame is set to be visible before some of the functions (that can get called when the frame is repositioned, etc) are initialized.

I could change it so the very last thing the plugin does when it starts up is make the frames visible (meaning those functions couldn't be called until after everything is initialized).

However, I have no idea what's causing that last error. SetPosition (the function call that's returning that error) is just one of the default Turbine UI functions.

What other plugins are you loading via the manger at the same time? And what version of the manager do you have?