lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

A couple skin dev questions

I'm trying to change the shape of the default circle for the playerportrait_mask_linemeup.tga file which looks like a mask for the character portraits. However, changing this circle mask doesn't seem to affect the character portrait that is shown (it still shows as a circle). Am I missing something?

Also, Frosty posted a download for the default LOTRO skin images with the new Vol.2 Book 7 changes and resource files. This included a "SkinDictionary.txt" file which appears to be XML and includes what appears to be defaults for relative positioning of each UI element. Yet, when I change this file and pop it into my skins folder, the changes do not take affect. I could try changing the extension to .xml, but I wanted to know if this is ever supposed to be a feature in skinning that we can change?

Thanks.