BandAide is a small, lightweight LotRO add-on designed to take some of the pain out of tracking which band members have sync’d which parts of which song. Turbine have taken great pains to restrict the information plugins have access to, so there’s little support for finding out about other players and what they have equipped or anything at all about the music system. To work around this, BandAide acts solely from the sync messages that go flying past in your chat window.
What BandAide can do:
- Count the number of unique group/raid members who’ve sync’d since the last last /playstart.
- Adjust that count if people go link dead or leave the group/raid.
- Track the instrument they say they have sync’d.
- Spot discrepancies, people either having sync’d a different song, or a song with the same name but a different length.
What BandAide can’t do:
- Tell if the instrument a player says they’ve sync’d is the instrument they actually have equipped.
- Tell if they’re no longer in sync because they’ve hit /music or moved.
Very basic localization support is included, FR and DE clients should be able to use this, albeit with ABCs authored to include EN instrument names for now. Better localization support, including instrument name overrides will likely be added in a later version.
Documentation, including notes to ABC authors can be found at:
Google docs (pdf)
1.21 Minor fix for repo discrepancies and plugin compendium support.
1.22 Don't unhide the parchment when a party member leaves unless sync'd.