lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > DDO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (D)

Unread 06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunis
Why does your friend have to use an emulator?... Whats wrong with just the keyboard?
Given the 'puffing into a straw' comment, I can only guess the person has no use of his hands or feet.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
The Undying

His friend is using a Sip-and-puff device to input morse code, which would be because he cannot use a mechanical device let alone a keyboard. The problem though, is morse code will input individual keystrokes (key down + key up), which does not allow for repeating keys, ideally, his friend would ideally need a custom code to toggle repeating keys, or possibly for this specific issue, a code to issue an arrow-right key-down event and another for arrow-right key-up (or a completely different input device, but that's beyond the scope of this thread).
Unread 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunis
Why does your friend have to use an emulator?... Whats wrong with just the keyboard?
Please excuse me, but this borders on ignorance. Reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckTanner
Each press is sent by sipping and puffing morse code into a straw
He is forced to use it, probably because he is not able to use his hands at all with a keyboard.

On Topic:

Perhaps a software like AutoIt can help. You can create keyboard input macros with it that are executed when a particular key kombination is pressed. It should be possible to create a macro that will turn your character 90°/180° and then set up the keyboard emulator to execute the keyboard combination that executes the macro.

Another idea would be to contact the producer/developer of the keyboard emulator and ask them whether a driver/firmware update is available/even possible that would help with your problem.

Last edited by Hyoss : 06-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
The Undying

That is an interesting problem.

No plugins will help with this. I also doubt there is anything to be done with in-game settings currently.

The only solution I can think of off hand is a program that could possibly take one key press, and translate it into repeating a different key press. I have no idea if something like this exists or not.