When unloading the Plugin Aura for LOTRO, an error is thrown:
...he Rings Online\Plugins\FalstarPlugins\Aura\Main.lua:85: attempt to index global 'data' (a nil value)
Though this doesn't appear to do anything bad, I always worry that I would log in sometime and my Aura settings would be messed up.
This patch removes the code that throws this error, though I left in the code as a comment for future reference. I'm calling this patch 1.1.2, since I messed up the initial patch (v1.1.1) and the last version of Aura is 1.1.0, but within the game Aura will still be labeled 1.1.0.
As a precaution, you should backup your Aura settings prior to loading Aura after applying this patch!!! These files are found in your LOTRO Folder (usually found in your My Documents folder), then in the "PluginData" folder, then [UserName] folder, [Server] folder, and then finally the Character you play folder. The file is called AuraSettings.plugindata.
Also, when using the plugin, remember to always use the "Save" buttons that the Options and Library windows have - NEVER use the X button at the top right corner unless you DO NOT want your saves changed!!
Extract this ZIP file to your LOTRO Folder\Plugins\FalstarPlugins\Aura folder. It will replace the file "Main.lua" within the Aura folder.
Aura is an amazing plugin that offers distinct features that can be very helpful to certain classes that have specific buffs they want to monitor, or for raids that have specific debuffs you might want to pop out at you.
Now that we have access to the fellowship/raids vitals/buffs/debuffs, I was hoping a similar plugin would come along that would do what Aura does but for the entire fellowship. Unfortunately I do not have the LUA ability to do that, plus the methods needed are messed up on Turbine's end. Hopefully me updating this plugin to not have any errors will bring attention to the possibilities of this plugin and similar ones. Enjoy!
*Because of my sad ability to code and even test stuff, I found I introduced a bug with my fix, which resulted in not being able to keep the Aura window in a new position (it would always revert back to the standard spot). I have corrected that and as a "I'm sorry!", I have also fixed the bug that would appear when you used the flash duration option for buffs - sometimes if the buff was refreshed before the current buff ended and the flash was in the middle of the red part (such as in the picture), the aura would get stuck on the red (even though it should revert back to the normal look). Also, sometimes even after the buff wore off the red would remain (though very slightly). I have corrected this so that it will revert back to the opacity settings you have set for the window.